Saturday 27 April 2013

Finding My Furry Feline Friends

I've always grown up with cats and I love them. When I left for University I soon started to want my own kittens again but for a long time this was not possible because of living in rented property. However, in October last year Rich and I enquired whether our landlady would allow us to have cats (we live in a rented flat) and she said she would! 

So I instantly got on the internet and started looking at rescue centres in our area to try and find the perfect little balls of fluff to bring home. Unfortunately a lot of places don't allow you to adopt cats and kittens to keep as indoor cats which restricted us greatly. I also think it's a very silly policy but this is something I will write a separate post about.

So eventually, I ended up on gumtree. I know, probably not the best place to be looking for kittens given a lot of people will lie about the age of their kittens to get rid of them or not look after them properly or a combination. However, I stumbled across one advert about some kittens in Manchester and was instantly drawn to this tiny tabby kitten inside the smallest shopping trolley I'd ever seen. He was so adorable! Then I saw there were other pictures of tiny cute kittens 2 pure white, 2 tabby and one odd one who was a mix of the others. 

                                         


After seeing the photos I started reading the advert and discovered that the girls who had them were caring for them well, were going to get them vaccinated and weren't willing to let them go to just anyone. So I sent a message explaining my situation, how adorable I thought the kittens were (because they were just all so cute!) and asked if it would be possible to visit them and adopt them from her. I got a response the next morning saying they'd love for me to adopt them and that I could go and visit. I was over the moon and couldn't wait to see them!

So a week later Rich and I went to visit the 5 teenie tiny kittens and and fell in love with two of the kittens who we have since named Theo and Bailey. 

Just as a side note, Bailey was originally called Miracle because he was the runt of the litter but born 9 hours after the other 4! A miracle he survived and I am very glad he did.

Theo is the tabby in the shopping trolley and Bailey is the mix of tabby and white on the bag. However, when we visited, it was mid November and because of work and not being able to get time off until Christmas we couldn't collect the kittens until 28th December. We had to just see pictures of them until then. Here are just a few of those photos:







But how cute were those pictures? It was a long six weeks but finally December 28th 2012 arrived and I collected two beautiful kittens :)

Since then we've had lots of fun and laughs and a few frights too! I hope you enjoy reading about the Cute Kitty Chaos that has ensued since then as much as I have enjoyed living it.



No comments:

Post a Comment