Saturday 4 May 2013

Sleep

So this isn't my image. I just found it on the internet but I think it sums up a lesson I learnt very quickly.


Like I said before, the kitties slept through on their first night and did so for about a week. However after that I was woken up by constant meowing at increasingly earlier times of a morning. At one point I was being woken up at 4am, feeding them and then going back to sleep. Well, at least trying to go back to sleep.

After a couple of weeks of this I decided I had to stop giving in to their meows straight away. I was beginning to feel exhausted all the time and it didn't stop them meowing after they'd eaten either!

I imagine this is akin to a parent having to learn not to go to their child every time they cry. It's not easy. Especially when both cats meow in a way that sounds sad and breaks your heart.

I persevered though and now I can actually sleep through their meowing if it starts at silly o'clock in the morning. However it doesn't normally start until about 6:45am at which point I'm getting up late and they are acting like a reliable alarm clock. Although it does suck that they do this at a weekend too.

They themselves are adorable when they sleep though. It's the best time. They are so peaceful and innocent looking.









I have to resist picking them up when I see them sleeping like this! They get grouchy when woken up so it's best to let them sleep.

I do get used as a bed quite frequently too. 




Which is really nice for about half an hour but after then my arm is either dead/dying or I want to get up of the sofa for one of many reasons. Then I look at them and my heart melts and I stay for at least another half an hour watching crap on TV.






No comments:

Post a Comment